State Director, Kentucky Small Business Development Center
Five Words About Me:
One Surprising Skill:
Kristina Joyce was born in Appalachia and started her first company at the age of 23. Her experience with entrepreneurship and business consists of creative arts, commercial, governmental and academic practice. In her career spanning 30 plus years, she has founded various ventures that include creative arts, manufacturing, advertising, business coaching as well as developing and teaching entrepreneurship and arts programs for universities and colleges. As a consultant, she has provided expertise in leadership, management, project planning and strategic development throughout the U.S.
Kristina has served in Executive Leadership roles for the following:
- State Director: Kentucky Small Business Development Center (SBDC) hosted by the University of Kentucky
- State Director: West Virginia SBDC, hosted by the State of West Virginia Department of Commerce
- Program Administrator: Entrepreneurship and Business Coaching Center supported by Southern WV Community and Technical College, Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) and the Hatfield McCoy Recreational Trails Authority
- Business Coaching Director: Entrepreneurial League System, LLC.
- Founder and CEO of five companies
Kristina has designed curriculum, taught and initiated instruction for multiple academic institutions and her education includes a Master’s in Organizational Leadership, two undergraduate degrees in art and education as well as completing professional graduate studies from Harvard Extension and becoming certified from the Entrepreneurial Learning Initiative.
She has served on multiple Boards throughout the country that include entrepreneurship, business, academic, innovation technology, civic and arts associations.
Kristina currently lives in Lexington, Kentucky with her Tibetan Spaniel, Paris and is a proud mother to son Aaron, his wife Krista, and proud grandmother to Dylan and Declan.